Updated: Mar 16, 2021
2020 was a year to remember for some and a year to forget for others. Due to a perfect storm that no one saw coming, demand for fiberglass pools is at an unimaginable high. Most fiberglass pool manufacturers struggled to keep up with production, let alone design and bring into production any new models. I confirmed this after spending the afternoon polling the major fiberglass pool manufacturers in the United States. For the time being it appears that very few new fiberglass pool models will be hitting the market in the fiberglass pool world except for new releases from River Pools, Thursday Pools new "Sunken Living Room" and a funky new pool model from San Juan Pools along with modifications to existing models by San Juan Pools.
Thursday Pools has added the Cortana Model Fiberglass Pool to its collection for 2021. The Cortana Model features the " Sunken Living Room" concept that is a game-changer in the fiberglass pool world.
It appears that Thursdays has other pool models in the works that feature similar "Sunken Living Rooms" for the future. Thursdays Pools is always pushing the limits of what can be done with fiberglass pools. We can't wait to see what they come up with next.
SAN JUAN POOLS
San Juan Pools boasts the largest selection of fiberglass pools models in the world. It's not even debatable. With over 100 models currently available you would think they have just about every imaginable pool shape already. This hasn't stopped Kirk Sullivan from coming up with new designs and improvements on existing pool models. San Juan started out with an update to the Caesars Palace model to feature an incorporated tanning ledge behind the spa. With the tanning ledge being the most popular pool trend in the last 5-6 years, San Juan decided to extend the tanning ledges on the Great Lakes Series of pools to give clients more space for the ever-popular Ledge Loungers style chair. San Juan also came up with a funky new pool/spa/splash pad for 2021. The model name is yet to be released but it has the ability to feature a clear acrylic panel on one end which makes it a perfect application for a rooftop setting. San Juan also now offers custom fiberglass palm trees to accessorize any pool project. This adds to San Juan's already impressive selection of well over 100 fiberglass models.
New for 2021 River Pools is unleashing the X36 Fiberglass pool-spa combo. The first pool actually just came off the mold a few days ago per River Pools. This pool features all of the options that pool owners have been looking for. An ample tanning ledge for relaxing a spacious hot tub to get your soak on and a large uninterrupted swimming area. All packed into a 36' pool.
1. INTEGRATED SPA WITH SPILLWAY-X The integrated spa provides a faster installation process with a seamless aesthetic.
2. TANNING LEDGE - X Designed for relaxation. Lie back in a submerged lounger or entertain the younger crowd in shallow waters.
3. EASY ENTRY STEPS - X Textured with a non-skid finish. They’re designed for those not yelling “cannonball” as they enter.
4. AUTO-COVER READY - X You mean I can cover my pool and spa in seconds with the flip of a switch...Uhhhh, yep!
5. SPACIOUS INTERIOR & BENCH SEATING - X Plenty of room for an epic game of Marco Polo...or...sitting and discussing the latest. Perhaps a bit of both?
River Pools also added another size to the M Series for 2021. The M25 features all the same great qualities as the M35 but in a smaller package.
1. TANNING LEDGE Designed to accommodate a lounge chair, there's plenty of room to kick back and immerse yourself in a good book or catch some rays.
2. TEXTURED POOL STEPS, LEDGE, AND FLOOR With your safety in mind, the M Series has hand-crafted, non-skid texture integrated into the surfaces of the ledge, steps, and pool floor.
3. OPEN POOL INTERIOR AND SWIM LANE Looking for space to host a part, play or swim laps? The open interior and dedicated swim lane offer options throughout a hot summer day and into the evening.
4. SPACIOUS BENCH SEATS Want to take a break from the action and hang out with some friends? These seating areas are designed to engage everyone in the crowd.
5. AUTOMATIC COVER FRIENDLY The rectangular design of the M Series allows cover tracks to be hidden beneath the pool coping, protecting them and keeping them out of sight.
6. MULTIPLE ENTRY POINT OPTIONS The M Series offers options for handrail placement from the end or side of the tanning ledge. If also features multiple entry points while playing and relaxing from the deep end or shallow end.
Why the M Series Fiberglass Pool is the right pool for you
Why the X Series Fiberglass Pool is the right pool for you.